Thursday, May 14, 2015

Crossed Double Crochets Baby Blanket Free Pattern


This blanket was made by my mom using the crossed double crochet stitch. You can see a detailed tutorial for this stitch here

The blanket has a rectangular shape, and my mom crocheted along the longer side. She made a few stripes of different color as she was somewhat short on the white yarn. You can make this blanket in a solid color or with stripes of any color you like. 


My mom started with ch 139.

Row 1: dc in 4th ch from hook, dc in next ch, go back and make dc in skipped ch prior to 1st dc, *skip next ch, dc in next 2 ch, go back and make dc in ch skipped* across, dc in last ch.



Row 2:  ch 3, turn; *skip next dc, dc in next 2 dc, go back and make dc in skipped dc* across, dc in top of turning ch.

Repeat Row 2.


For the trim, my mom used single crochets along the shorter side and double crochets along the long side, then reverse single crochets all the way around the perimeter of the blanket.  

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thank you for the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hermosa puntada, felicidades

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pattern, but it would be helpful to know basic details like yarn weight and amount used/ required; hook size; finished measurements; etc.
    Thanks! mabear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually give all that information for the blankets that I design, but since this blanket was made by my mom, not me, I don't have all the detailed information.

      Delete
  4. Hi Olga thanks so much for the crossed dc baby blanket could you please tell me what size hook you used for the pattern. Thanks so much for the beautiful patterns and love your dresses and your site is the first place I go when I need a pattern.
    Brenda Jones
    brendaj1951@nehp.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Unfortunately, I don't know the hook size. It was my mom who made this blanket, and I'm not sure what hook she used. I'd suggest using the hook that is recommended for your yarn (it usually says on the yarn label).

      Delete