Thursday, July 18, 2013

Handkerchiefs with Crochet Lace Trim



In my previous post, I shared my step-by-step tutorial how I add simple crocheted trim to a handkerchief.

Today I want to show you some more pictures of hankies with lace trims, which I made some time ago. I did share my symbol charts for these edgings back in 2011. But I thought I’ll post the pictures (and the links to the charts) again as they might make more sense now.

On all of these handkerchiefs I made a round of single crochets directly into the handkerchiefs first. Then I worked the lace rows.

If you end up with extra stitches that are not enough for a pattern repeat, remember my tip from the tutorial: unravel a bit of your work and make one (or a few, depending on how many extra stitches you have) pattern repeat(s) bigger by one space. Those slightly bigger pattern repeats will not be noticeable at all.




For the handkerchiefs shown above, I used a very thin hook (about size 12) and DMC #8 pearl cotton thread. The symbol charts are here.





For the handkerchiefs with blue lace, I used the same thin hook and vintage Lily Daisy mercerized cotton thread number 20. The symbol chart pattern is here.  



12 comments:

  1. Olga these are just breathtaking!
    I have always had a real thing for hankies and always keep one in my purse. They are just so feminine especially with hand crocheted lace edgings. Very delicate.
    Lovely, lovely work My Dear.
    Love to You,
    Danette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and tender ....
    Ajka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely laces!! Thanks for sharing!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicate, beautiful, and feminine! The blue is stunning :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Olga, these are just gorgeous.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ольга, красивые кружева обвязки платочков. Спасибо за советы!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful....
    Have a great weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so clever and beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. O my... can I have the blue ones please they are breath taking ... love them love them all.. very pretty Olga..Happy Weekend with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm new to your place. visiting you from Preeti's. It is a lovely place. Me too love doing edging for hankies..

    ReplyDelete
  11. It´s soo beautiful! Amazing blog ♥

    ReplyDelete